I don't consider myself a very good blogger, mainly because I forget to post things. But I have fun and my cute friend Caity honored me with a Blog award called the Arte y Pico. (Click here for their blog.) It is to honor people for their creativity and contributions to the blogging world. I looked at other recipients and I KNOW I don't belong among them! But thanks, Caity, for thinking of me. This award inspires me to do better!
I remember when blogs were mainly people with political or otherwise serious things to say. They were very opinionated and informative. I always admired those people who took a stand to voice their views to anyone who would read. That's probably why I was so nervous to start my own blog because I didn't feel like I had anything really worthwhile to write. But it seems there has been a "revolution" of sorts where blogs have become online journals or scrapbooks. I think both types of blogs have a place in this blog-world, and I'm so glad to have so many to read. Both are great reads and they keep me balanced between fun and fluffy and informative. So I am supposed to choose 5 blogs to nominate. Here they are (in no particular order):
1. Brian Passey - Brian would probably think he doesn't need this award because he is above simple recognition like this! He is one of the first bloggers I ever knew. His blogs are filled with incredible writing, opinion, reviews, etc. I love stopping by to fill my head with all of his amazing creativity and talent. It makes me feel a little bit more connected to my intellectual side!
2. Molly Aufdermauer - Molly is my hero. She lives my dream life (honestly!) and I live vicariously through her as I read her posts. :) She posts frequently, which I love, about her fun life in California. She makes me laugh so hard. I miss you Molly!
3. Julie Blair (Jooly) - Jules is very honest and hilarious in her posts. Since I can't see her very often in real life, I love to stop by her blog for a laugh or a cry. And you can't miss the scorpion count on her blog. CHECK IT OUT! Her sincerity and wit will keep you coming back. :)
4. Heather Smith - I'm a little biased on this one because she's my sister. But I love how she keeps us all up on her life as an amazing mommy. She's so fun and creative and I am pretty darn sure she has the cutest kids in all of existence. Her stories keep me entertained at all hours of the night!
5. Mel and Justin McMurtrey - Okay, I miss these guys. They moved to the middle of outerspace I think... it's far enough away! I like to keep up on their lives through cyberspace. And I'm nominating them especially for their design. Their blog is a .mac blog (bonus!) and it has great photo galleries and a weight loss challenge countdown. Someday I'll have a blog as cool as theirs. (I'm also giving them this award so they'll actually POST again... come on guys, I know you're on vacation, but throw me a bone already!)
Caity, thanks again for the award. I'll live every day in honor of such recognition! :)
"rules" Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contribute to the blogging community. 2. Each award has to have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog. 3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name of and link to the blog that presented her/him with the award. 4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize has to show the link of Arte Y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. 5. Show these rules.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Posted by Bonnie at Tuesday, July 08, 2008