We decided to get away for the weekend, and since we didn't know where we wanted to go, we just searched where the airlines flew for pretty cheap. As soon as we saw Seattle on the list, we knew it was a winner!
The trip was amazing. We ate the most expensive meal of our lives (accidentally) at Morton's Steakhouse, because we didn't know what it was and felt stupid leaving after the prices were given to us in the "Verbal Menu Presentation". So funny! (Go to www.mortons.com for an idea of what we paid!)
We fell in love with the people, the scenery, the seafood, and the artsy feel of the city. Even church was fun there! Here are some of our favorite finds:
1. The Crab Pot - a place where they throw your seafood feast on the table and you just dig in!
2. Pike Place Market - so many fun things to do and see that we went back three times.
3. The Seattle Aquarium - it would have been more fun with kids, but we loved it anyway!
4. Smith Tower - A way cheaper way to see Seattle than the Space Needle, though that was awesome, too.
5. The Underground Tour - a bizarre little tour that shows how crazy and inventive the early Seattle-ites were to solve a fire and toilet flushing problem in their little marsh city. Basically there's a city under the city and we go to see it!
8. The Aurora Bridge Troll - a glob of concrete shaped into a troll that was actually commissioned by Seattle City Council to "encourage a bond and artistic feel in the city" or something like that. It was pretty awesome.
I can't wait to go back. There is so much to do and see, plus my skin has never felt softer. Utah is so dang dry! For more pics of our trip, go to gallery.mac.com/bon.jon and you can see our favorites.